Monday, June 28, 2010

Geek Chic Lifestyle #7 Shopping, Courtesy of Akira (By Rebecca "Bonks" Rothschild)

There's a reason we chose Akira for an event and no you nerdy birds its not just because of the name, although it is pretty awesome. Akira has prices ranging from the luxurious to the more affordable. The staff is helpful and friendly. This is the kind of place where anyone can find something. I love the excuse some of you geeky chics like to give me "I hate shopping." I have learned over time that what this really means is something like the following:

1. I'm afraid nothing will fit me.

2. The sales people will be mean.

3. I don't like people around when I try things on.

4. I'm a stubborn buttface who hates human contact.

Blah blah blah blah you girls could on for days. Sorry punkins, online shopping is not nearly as gratifying, plus you can skip the shipping charge. Trying things on is vital, it's the best way to know that you're going to purchase something you'll really wear and feel good in. You'd be amazed how well sales people can quickly evaluate your body type and pick some real winners, even ones you didn't think you'd like. Case in point, check out our Sugar Gamer Jamillia, Akira staff slapped this little number on her and dare I say she looks smashing while being well taken care of. Although she wasn't initially in love with it, by the end of the night the dress was coming home with her.


Or take a look at Amira, she too was convinced nothing would fit, yeah well look at her meow. Sporting some of Akira's awesome leggings looking fresh and feelin' good.


Good shopping tip, TAKE A FRIEND! As you can see we were all friends here and having a kick ass time. Another good reason for a partner is there can be so many things to look through you're gonna want some back up. Do a little homework for me "I hate to" shoppers, save a little cash, grab a friend and find yourself a store in your budget and style. If a sales person asks if they can help you, give it a shot. Trust me, they wanna sell stuff and will more than likely find you some real treasures. Yes they will pull a lot but as much as they'd like you to buy it all, they know you won't so don't feel pressured. Just try to relax and keep an open mind. It wouldn't surprise me if you and your pal walked out with big "I just bought some cute shit" smiles on your faces. Observe below for examples:

Classic "I just bought some cute shit" smile


Stage 2 "Hell yeah I just bought some cute shit!" smile

Did I mention Akira let us set up an Xbox at the party to play some Soul Claibur and Rockband?


For my Chicago based readers you can find Akira at the following locations:

1849 West North Avenue
2357 North Clark Street
Water Tower Mall, 835 N Michigan Ave

Akira has a ton of locations beyond these three. Check it out online for more locations

Thank you for a great time Akira we'll see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bonks © 2008. Design by Pocket