Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Geek Chic Lifestyle #2 (Hittin' the Gym)

Happy new year geeky ladies! New games comin' out, DLC's, all sorts of goodies. But a healthy geek is a better player, and that's a fact. You cannot touch me on Halo after a good workout. Lots of people make the resolution to loose weight and hit the gym, geeks included. It's not a bad idea, unfortunately so many things go so wrong so fast with this kind of thing. First of all, speak with a DOCTOR, not your cousins bff, not the guy at the health food store. Gym trainers make me nervous, I personally have had horrible experiences, but also some good ones. A doctor can at least give you some guidelines that you can bring to the trainer. My main tip is to start slow and listen to your body.
I know a few girls, Sugar Gamers included, who have anxieties about going to the gym. "People will stare at me and judge me." "I don't belong there." Blah blah blah blah blah, come on now ladies we are geeks and we are chic! Truth be told, I thought all the same things. Then when I went I found out most people are in their own world when they're workin' out, most of them listening to ipods or even reading books. It's not like highschool where someone would walk up to you and say something mean, everyone respects everyone else's space. If it's really hard to shake your gym fear, go ahead and bring a friend. Although, for the friend thing to work out you both have to be committed. Maybe bring that friend that's just a little bit too motivated, you know, the one that complains that you sleep in too much. You can't feel uncool with a buddy and it's someone to be accountable to so that you stick with your exercise plan.
I've heard complaints that some of you don't know what to wear to the gym. Sweatpants, tee-shirt or tank top, and gym shoes. I don't consider your good pair of chucks to be gym shoes. I also strongly suggest a sports bra. Oh, lace and thong underwear are a bad idea, keep it simple in the pants. Whoops! Almost forgot, BRING A WATER BOTTLE!!! Towel is also suggested for heavy sweaters. And bring a lock for the locker.
Good eating really does compliment exercise. You don't have to go organic or anything, just use a little more caution and common sense. When you combine the two you'll notice that "healthy" feeling a lot sooner. That means more energy and focus, what else does a gaming lady need? Just remember, I believe in you and if some gym rat hates on you, I'll take care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bonks © 2008. Design by Pocket