Monday, May 3, 2010

Bonks’s HRB (Halo Reach Beta) Diary #1 (By Rebecca “ Bonks” Rothschild)

Day 1: 05/03/2010
20:42 hours (8:42 pm)
Current Rank: Corporal
Games Won: 1

Dear HRB Diary,


ZOMG the beta is up! Holly crap it takes a long frickin’ time to get into a game. However, this is not uncommon with betas. Bungie said the more the merrier, but there doesn’t seem to be enough server space, although again, this is common with betas. Actually that one was at times common with Halo 3 game play so no surprise there. Basically, once I’m in I stay in, even if I can’t feel my thumbs anymore, I know, I’m super gamer gangster.

So, what did I learn today?

*Armor looks amazing, much like the ODST customization but prettier.

*It’s fun to buy yourself some sexy armor with your credits.

* The gave us a little sample of the game soundtrack, meh, but it’s only the beta.

* New weapons are, fun I loves them all. The ones I rely on most are the needler, AR and DMR. Still getting used to needle rifle. Sticky grenade launcher is a little tricky, you gotta charge it up a little bit but it does home in on targets to a point. Oh, and I’m very happy to the scope being back on the pistol.



* The matchmaking system has features that make it smarter because you can put in preferences.

* The kits are cool, I like scout and stalker the most, because I am a ninja. Guardian is a great kit but I think it will have more effect against the vehicles rather than people.

* There’s no lady Spartans, that damn well better change for the final product.

* Your emblem is not on your armor. Speaking of emblems, there’s some new stuff but not too much, hopefully there will be lots of new additions in the final product.

* It’s wayyyyy too hard to kill the Juggernaut, they might wanna take another crack at that.

* I still hate all things flag and Oddball but Headhunter is super fun, I won one of those.

* There’s no bulltrue, sad face.

* Maps are good thus far. I've only played on Powerhouse and Sword but they're not too big or too small.

* Call outs will be much easier as every area on the map is labled on your HUD for example “Rock Garden” or “Dirt Patch“.

* "Opportunis" is my new favorite medal, it smiles.

* Some of the medals I scored today

- Double Kill
See full size image
- Stuck
- First Strike
- Headshot
- Pummel
- Vengeance
- Opportunist
- From the Grave (always get lots of these)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bonks © 2008. Design by Pocket